Easy Affiliate Links 101
Affiliate Links Overview Page
After installing Easy Affiliate Links you'll see a new Affiliate Links section in the admin backend:
The Manage page is where you can find an overview of all of the links you've created in Easy Affiliate Links.
Click on the blue Create Link button to create a new one or use the icon to edit an existing link.
Creating a link
When creating a link you'll have several options:
We'll cover these one by one:
- Name - How to identify the link in the backend. This is not shown to visitors.
- Description - Optional description for this link. This is not shown to visitors.
- Categories - Optional category to group links. This is not shown to visitors.
- Link Destination URL - URL where you want your visitors to end up after clicking. Should start with http:// or https://.
- Link Cloaking - Whether or not to cloak this link. A cloaked link will show up to your visitors as http://yourwebsite.com/recommends/abc instead of the full affiliate link they are being sent to. Some affiliate programs (like Amazon) do not allow this.
- Shortlink Slug - When cloaking, what you want the slug for the cloaked link to be. The "abc" in this example: http://yourwebsite.com/recommends/abc
- Default Link Text - Default text to show when you add a link (the clickable part). You can add multiple variants here for easy access when adding links to a post.
- Target - Whether to open the affiliate link in a new tab or not.
- Redirect Type - Redirect type to use for the cloaked shortlink.
- Nofollow - Whether or not to add the nofollow attribute to affiliate links.
Add a link to a post in the Classic Editor
When writing a post, select the text you want to make an affiliate link or just directly click on the blue Easy Affiliate Links icon in the visual editor to add one.
This will open up a modal listing all affiliate links on your website. Click on the blue link icon to add one or use the Create new Affiliate Link button to create a new one.
Add a link to a post in the Gutenberg Editor
When using the new Gutenberg editor you can add affiliate links in the Paragraph block by highlighting the text and clicking that same blue Easy Affiliate Links icon:
Once you've added an affiliate links, a second icon will appear. Use the left icon to edit the affiliate link and the right one to unlink the text: